For family members and friends who want to help their loved one through a crisis but do not know how, we encourage you to come and visit them. Research shows that social support is one of the strongest factors in the healing process. You can help just by being here.
Visiting hours are set so that they do not interfere with structured therapeutic activities. Holiday Visiting Hours are the same as Saturday Visiting Hours. The list of hospital observed holidays include (but are not limited to): New Year’s Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- All visitors must at least 18 years old.
- No food or drink allowed.
- Please do not have visitors arrive more than 15 minutes early.
- Only (2) two visitors are allowed at one time.
- No cell phones allowed on the unit
- The lobby is for visitors waiting to visit – no loitering and no unattended minors
- Special arrangements can be made for minors visiting.
- Visiting is to take place in designated visiting areas. No visiting in patient’s rooms.
- Visitors must check in at the hospital’s reception and obtain a visitor badge, which must be worn at all times.
- Visitors will be asked to lock their personal belongings in a locker in the lobby or in their car before entering the unit.
- A staff member must check all items brought in the unit.
- Anyone passing contraband to patients may be restricted from future visiting.
- Any visitors exhibiting loud, rowdy, argumentative or inappropriate behavior will be asked to leave and may be restricted from future visiting.
- Please refrain from asking the nursing staff for patient information during visiting time as they are providing patient care at that time.
- The monitoring of visiting and is augmented by an electronic surveillance system. This includes closed circuit television, motion detectors, and/or audio monitoring. Recording for safety purposes may be done in common areas.
For additional information please read the Significant Other Guidelines which can be found in the main lobby across from the receptionist.
Visiting Hours (Effective July 6, 2015)
Intensive Treatment Unit (ITU), Transitional Care Unit (TCU), Del Sol (DS), National Treatment Center (NTC), & Eating Disorder Unit (EDU)
- Monday – Friday: 6:30pm – 7:30pm
- Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays: 10:00am – 11:00am
Children’s Treatment Center (CTC) & Youth Services (YS)
- Every day: 1:30pm – 2:30 pm