What to Bring
- Clothing – Plan to bring comfortable clothing with no drawstrings, enough for three days as there is limited storage and a washer/dryer is available at no charge.
- Shoes – Slip-on shoes are suggested. Shoes with laces are not allowed.
- Makeup – Only lipstick and mascara are permitted.
- Pajamas – Plan to bring pajamas that are warm and modest.
The following personal hygiene items are provided upon admission:
Items NOT Allowed:
To keep our facility safe, certain personal items should be left at home. Any items we don’t allow will be returned with family or disposed of according to hospital policy. If needed, Del Amo’s administration may use their discretion to prohibit items not listed.
- Electronics, including cell phones and iPods
- Curling irons, hair dryers, straighteners
- Media such as DVDs or CDs
- Glass or ceramic items such as mirrors or toiletry items with glass containers
- Rope or string such as dental floss, shoelaces and drawstrings
- Sharp objects like shaving razors, needles, hooks, pins, paperclips, thumbtacks
- Clothing and accessories with spikes or studs
- Items that may contain alcohol such as nail polish remover, mouthwash and hand sanitizer
- Glues, bonding agents and Wite-Out
- Aerosol containers
- Tobacco, alcohol and illegal substances as well as any associated paraphernalia, including lighters and electronic cigarettes
- Plastic bags, cellophane, Scotch tape, duct tape
- Medications – On-site pharmacy supplies medication needs
- Accessories such as hats and headbands, sunglasses, scarves and jewelry
- Steel-toe boots and high-heeled shoes
- Bedding of any kind, pillows or stuffed animals
- Heat wraps
- Paracord items
- Food or drink
- Flowers and balloons
- Musical instruments
- Any other items determined by staff as not therapeutic
NOTE: All valuables should be left at home as Del Amo Hospital and its staff will not be responsible for personal effects. Items stored in our facility lock-up will not be accessible throughout the length of stay. Please be aware that patients are here for a variety of different reasons. Some patients may have additional restrictions. We ask that you neither lend nor give out any personal property or items while here.