Signs of unresolved trauma may include:
- Suicidal ideation
- A pattern of out-of-control and self-injurious behavior
- Staying stuck in the “victim” or “perpetrator” roles
- Inability to tolerate feelings or conflicts
- Disorganized attachment patterns
- Intense self-blame and feeling unworthy
- Extensive comorbidity or multiple diagnoses
- Black and white thinking and other cognitive distortions
- Intrusive thoughts, images, feelings and nightmares
- Self-destructive addictions
- Unmanaged dissociation
- Individual and group therapies
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive restructuring
- Experiential anger management
- Relapse prevention
- Adjunctive recreation
- Concurrent addictions group
- Continuing recovery plan
Del Amo’s Trauma Recovery Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is designed for patients who can benefit from a highly-structured and supervised setting but do not require the environment of inpatient hospitalization. The program consists of six hours of intensive programming Monday through Friday. This service is staffed with mental health professionals such as a registered nurse, master’s level therapists and trained mental health counselors.
Program features include:
The Trauma Recovery Program PHP functions as a step down from a higher level of care, assisting the patient with integration back into their community, as well as a way of preventing unnecessary inpatient hospitalization.
Each patient is assessed by our team to determine the best program fit, and an individualized treatment plan is evaluated on a regular basis by members of the multidisciplinary treatment team directed by the patient’s psychiatrist.